Trowell Garden Centre is an independent business originating back in the early 1970s with owners David & Barbara Henshaw, firstly as a landscaping business, then to Nottts County Nurseries, and finally renamed in 1985 as ‘Trowell Garden Centre’.
The garden centre is located in the beautiful Nottinghamshire countryside, in the village of Trowell (known for the 1951 Festival of Britain village between Nottingham & Derby).
The large outdoor plant area backs out onto a sandstone quarry, which in the mid 1980s had the Nottingham canal running through it along with the two lock keepers cottages. Now, the plant area covers this entire expanse, along with a large range of outdoor products to compliment the garden.
Over the years, there have been many structural developments and improvements .Along with the input of a great team of workers and the support of all our valued customers, the garden centre is today a well-established business in the area, never forgetting it is a garden centre first and foremost, but offering a wide range of other great products for the home and lifestyle.
2013, to allow for its growing custom, will see the development of the current café relocating to overlook the plant area,a new ambience and much much more for all our customers to enjoy.
David and Barbara have made many customers their friends over the years and take great pride and pleasure along with the team in understanding the importance of giving their customers the best service and top quality offer of plants and products at great value prices to ensure we have our loyalty from our custom and continually try and encourage new custom.